Lhasa Apso is a very resilient type of dog breed. Though they are small in size, they have a sense of dignity. Besides, their independent character also includes characteristics like cheerful disposition, doing naughty acts, and remaining self emerged.
These dogs should fit well with your family. But these are the types of dogs who don’t always care about pleasing the owner. Dogs have a tendency to please its owner. Especially when it’s trained, it will try and make the owner pleased most of the time. This is the case in the majority of dog breeds. But as we said earlier, Lhasa Apso is different.
But these don’t necessarily mean these canines are not friendly. They are assertive, affectionate, devoted, and friendly.
It might seem they don’t have any eyes. The experienced pet owners will not seem to think this way. But if you are a new pet owner and you see this breed, you could think like that. In fact, when we were new to the dog space, we felt that way. When we saw the breed we just were like, “where are the eyes!”
Rest assured that these canines do have eyes. Jokes apart, these dogs are smaller in appearance. That is why you might want to overlook them, right? Wrong, do not make a mistake of judging them by their size only.
These are very resilient dogs. They also seem to have a high sense of dignity. Besides, they seem to have an independent type of outlook on life.
These dogs are also a bit mischievous. What we mean is that they have a cheerful disposition. They like to make a mess. So, if you are short tempered, this might not be the breed that you want to get as a pet. Most of the canines become happy when they feel they are pleasing the owner. Of course, we are talking about situations after the training is done. But these are not the kind of breed which would always want to please their owners. Even after training the breed, you will find these are a bit of selfish type. They prefer their jolliness first and pleasing you second. Sometimes, you might get a feeling that the dog does not care about you at all.
- These dogs origin is traced back to Tibet.
- The non-shedding and long coat of hair is actually their trademark appearance.
- They have sharp hearing sense.
- Their skill as an watchdog is rated as excellent.
- Though they are categorized as non-sporting by some specialist, they are very intelligent and they learn certain techniques quickly. Besides, they love new challenges.
- Dogs of this specific breed could weigh 13 – 15 lbs. and Bitches weigh 11 – 13 lbs.
- Dogs usually have a height of 25-28 cm wile Bitches have a height of 23-25 cm.
- Though they live 14-18 years, the average is 15 years.
- We already mentioned their origins are tracked back to Tibet. But do you know where Tibet is? Tibet is in the Himalayan Mountains.
- They are named after Lhasa, a sacred city.
We have been trying to figure out a short sentence to sum up who are the good fit for this breed. If you are full of energy and want a pet that will always keep you on guard, Lhasa Apso is the breed for you.